These deliciously tender, juicy, chicken will definitely give you something to squawk about. While you don’t have to be a pitmaster to whip these up, they do come out looking positively professional if you follow these easy steps. And , we can all agree that there’s something inherently satisfying about licking sloppy fingers after eating Best Ever BBQ Chicken Mozzarella Toastadas.
- 8 to stada shells or 8 corn tortillas, brushed lightly with olive oil and baked for 3-5 minutes per side, until crispy
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce divided
- 2 cups shredded cheese Mary uses mozzarella in the cookbook, but I have also used cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend
- 3 green onions very thinly sliced (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lay out the tostada shells (or baked tortillas) on two rimmed baking sheets.
Combine the chicken and 1 cup of the barbecue sauce in a small bowl, and stir to coat.
Divide the chicken between the tostada shells and top with the cheese (about ¼ cup on each)/
Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, just until the cheese is melted.
Remove from the oven and drizzle with the remaining ½ cup barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.