These deliciously tender, juicy chicken will definitely give you something to squawk about. While you don’t have to be a pitmaster to whip these up, they do come out looking positively professional if you follow these easy steps. And , we can all agree that there’s something inherently satisfying about licking sloppy fingers after eating a Best Ever Italian Herb Bruschetta Chicken.
For The Chicken:
- 2 large boneless , skinless, chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4 fillets
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning*
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (for cooking)
For The Topping:
- 4 roma tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1/4 of a red onion , finely chopped (or 3 cloves finely chopped garlic)
- 4 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- ½ cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (OPTIONAL)
Season chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic and salt. Heat oil in a grill pan or skillet, and sear chicken breasts over medium-high heat until browned on both sides and cooked through (about 6 minutes each side). Remove from pan; set aside and allow to rest.
Combine the tomatoes, red onion, basil, olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt. Top each chicken breast with the tomato mixture and parmesan cheese.
Serve immediately with balsamic glaze (optional).
(If making from scratch, prepare while chicken is cooking.) Combine sugar (if using) and vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze. (If not using sugar, allow to reduce for 12-15 minutes on low heat).
*If you don’t have Italian seasoning, use Italian dried herbs. Or combine 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried basil, and 1 teaspoon dried parsley together.